At Affinity Credit Union, the security of member information is a priority.
If you feel you have been a victim of a phone or email scam, please contact us immediately at 1-800-343-1028.
Traveling? Give Us A Call First
Whether you are planning a business or vacation trip, we want you to enjoy your trip and have access to your funds. To help guard you against fraud, security blocks have been placed on certain states and countries that are at a high risk for fraudulent activity.
To ensure that you have access to your funds, contact us at 1-800-343-1028.
Beware Of Money Transfer Fraud
If you see yourself in any of the situations below, DO NOT SEND THE MONEY TRANSFER! THIS IS A SCAM!
- You met someone on the internet and you are asked to send money to help him, her or a relative in need.
- You are sending money to help with a disaster relief effort and you have not confirmed that the recipient of the money is a trusted organization.
- You are sending money to claim prize winnings or to secure a loan.
- You are sending money in response to a communication from a person you do not know claiming that a family member is in need.
- You are sending money to pay for merchandise advertised online, by phone or by mail, at an incredible price.
- You received a check or money order with instructions to first cash it at your bank and then wire money using our service.
Phishing Attacks On The Rise
Multiple reports have been from cardholders receiving automated and live telephone calls demanding account information. In at least one case, a message was left on a cardholder’s telephone, asking the cardholder to call back a toll-free telephone number to enter account information.
Unlike previous phishing attacks that follow a single source point or method of operation, these reports have varied widely. Some calls have referenced “Visa® debit” or MasterCard® debit”; some have referenced “your SHAZAM debit card”; and others have made no reference to an organization. Again, some have included recorded messages while others have had a live operator or callback option. One trend has the caller listing a “spoofed” caller identification number of 1402.
These calls are fraudulent and should be ignored. If you feel you have been a victim of a phone or email scam, please contact us immediately at 1-800-343-1028.