Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to join?

Anyone living or working in Polk, Boone, Story, Marshall, Dallas, Jasper, Madison, Warren, Marion, Adams, Union, Page, Taylor and Ringgold counties. You are also eligible for membership if you are an employee of one of Affinity Credit Union’s Select Employee Groups. Anyone related to a current member of Affinity Credit Union.

How much is required to open a Savings Account and become a member of Affinity Credit Union?

There is a $5 minimum opening deposit to open the savings account. This $5 balance must be kept in the savings at all times until the account is closed.

What do I need to open an account? 

  • Current government-issued photo identification
  • Proof of current address

What are the balance requirements for a Checking Account?

With a Classic Checking account there is no minimum balance requirement with unlimited drafts cleared monthly and no monthly fee.

What is Affinity Credit Union’s routing number?


Where do I find my account/member number?

Your account/member number is located on the top right portion of your eStatement which can be found under the Member Services tab in online banking or the More icon in the mobile app. If you do not have eStatements, you can find it on your paper statement or call the credit union at 800-343-1028.

Am I still a member if I move out of eligible counties or no longer work for a SEG? 

Yes. The credit union philosophy is “once a member, always a member”. If you move there are several ways to access your credit union account. Affinity Credit Union participates in shared branching which allows you to conduct transactions at other CU Service Centers. Click here for more information or to find a CU Service Center near you.

Is my savings at the credit union insured?

Your savings is insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the Federal Government.  

How do I send a wire to an account at Affinity Credit Union?

Credit:  Corporate Central Credit Union, Muskego, WI, Routing #275082866

For Further Credit To:  Affinity Credit Union, Account #273074504

For Further Credit To:  Affinity Credit Union, Member Name, Member Number 

When will my statement arrive? 

Statements are processed on the evening of the last business day of each month and are then delivered a few days later. To prevent delays, make sure the credit union has your current mailing address. To receive your statement faster, you may opt to receive electronic statements. eStatements are available for viewing on the first of each month. You can sign up for eStatements through your online banking account.

I deposited money into a non-Affinity ATM, how long will it be until it’s available? 

There is a 4 business day hold for ATM deposits made at non-Affinity operated ATMs. 

How do I access my account information online?

Click here

Why can’t I access my account online? 

For your protection, your account automatically locks you out after three unsuccessful sign on attempts. You will need to call the credit union at 1-800-343-1028 to have your account reset.

What do I do if my MasterCardĀ® credit card is lost or stolen? 

Immediately contact card services at 1-833-933-1681 and our card services team will assist you. With MasterCard’s Zero Liability policy you are protected from all unauthorized transactions on your card. MasterCard’s Zero Liability policy does not apply to cards used primarily used for business, commercial, or agricultural purposes. For more information MasterCard’s Zero Liability policy click here.

What do I do if my Debit Card is lost or stolen?

Immediately contact us at 1-833-933-1681. If you tell us within two business days that your card/code has been lost or stolen, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card/code without your permission. If you do not tell us within two business days of your loss or theft of your card/code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card/code without your permission had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.

What do I do if I suspect fraud on my credit or debit card?

Immediately contact 1-866-279-1399 to speak with a representative from our fraud protection team.

What do I do if my checks are lost or stolen?

Immediately contact us at 1-800-343-1028. A stop payment for the check(s). You must have the check number(s) in order to issue a stop payment. If you do have lost or stolen checks, for your protection as well as ours, we require you close the account and open a new account with a new member number.

Do you have a question you would like to submit?

Please email any questions you may have to