MasterCard® Debit Card
Move on from the inconvenience and hassle of writing checks with a MasterCard® debit card. Debit card purchases are deducted directly from your checking account, with no annual fee or finance charges to pay.
As a member of the Privileged Status Network, use your debit card at participating ATMs and have access to thousands of surcharge-free ATM machines across the country. Click here to locate an ATM near you.
To change your PIN, call 877-267-5986.
Temporary Debit Cards
Due to lobby closures, the process to request a temporary debit card has changed:
- If you need to request a temporary debit card, you must first contact the Affinity contact center at 515-288-7225.
- This allows our staff the opportunity to load and activate your temp card in our system.
- We ask that you give us around 30 minutes before picking up your temp debit card at the Hoffman branch drive-up.
This process is necessary in order to keep our drive-up service moving at an efficient pace.
Protecting you from unauthorized use of your debit card is one of our top priorities. Should you discover transactions that appear to be fraudulent on your account, please contact our support department immediately by calling 800-808-6402.
If fraud is suspected on a debit card transaction, you may receive a text notification from the Affinity Credit Union Fraud Department, dependent upon your security and contact settings. The text will inquire about the legitimacy of specific transaction(s) and provide an 800 number to contact if the transactions are fraudulent.
MANAGE THROUGH YOUR MOBILE APP
You can use your Affinity mobile app to manage your debit card notifications. In the mobile app, select "Manage My Cards" by pressing the "More" tab at the bottom right of the screen.
From here, you can:
- configure your alert/notification settings
- temporarily lock your card if you suspect fraud
- report your card as lost or stolen.
Apply for a MasterCard® debit card today at either of our convenient branches, or call us at 515-288-7225 for further assistance.