The holidays can be a difficult time for those in need, so as a bonus day of giving, Affinity adopted families from Saydel Elementary, Des Moines North and Des Moines Lincoln High Schools, purchasing and wrapping $1,000 worth of items from Christmas wish lists.
The responses we received from the organizations we visited was absolutely heart-warming… we know they will continue to do great things in 2020!
Here are highlights from this year’s 12 Days of Giving and the organizations we visited:
- Iowa Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Make-A-Wish Iowa
- Food Bank of Iowa
- Susan G. Komen Greater Iowa
- Hope Ministries – Bethel Mission
- Animal Rescue League
- Beacon of Life
- Children & Families of Iowa
- Patriot Guard Riders
- Puppy Jake Foundation
- EveryStep Care & Support Services
- Youth Emergency Services & Shelter
A special thank you to our member-owners, Board of Directors and staff for making this yet another successful year. May your holiday season be “Merry and Bright”!